NEW DELHI: Finance minister
on Friday launched a Rs 1.63 lakh crore kit for agriculture and allied sectors aimed at strengthening infrastructure, logistics and skill building at farm gate.
Announcing the third instalment of executive’s Rs 20 lakh crore
to deal with the economic fallout of COVID-19 pandemic, Sitharaman acknowledged that the manager has taken just a few measures in the final two months to enhance farmers, including minimal enhance tag (MSP) purchases of Rs 73,300 crore.
Listed below are the measures launched by the finance minister:
* Govt has space up a Rs 1 lakh crore agriculture fund for farm-gate infrastructure. This would presumably presumably be utilised for developing cool chains and publish-harvest management of crops.
* A Rs 10,000 crore plot has been launched for the formalisation of micro-food enterprises (MFEs). A cluster-basically basically based device shall be taken for unorganised MEFs to secure technical upgradation to realize FSSAI food requirements.
* For selling herbal cultivation, Rs 4,000 crore Nationwide Medicinal Crops Fund shall be started to befriend 10 lakh hectares to be covered below herbal cultivation.
* For beekeepers, a Rs 500 crore plot was launched for infrastructure pattern and publish-harvest amenities.
* Rs 20,000 crore has been provided for fishermen thru Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) for the approach of marine and inland fisheries.
* Operation Greens were extended from tomato, onion and potato to all fruit and vegetables by offering 50 per cent subsidy on transportation and storage of those commodities.
* Rs 15,000 crore Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Constructing Fund shall be space up to enhance funding in dairy processing, tag addition and cattle feed infrastructure.
* Nationwide Animal Illness Regulate Programme has been launched with total outlay of Rs 13,343 crores for 100 per cent vaccination of cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat and pig population in India.
* Govt will also put in force a plot worth Rs 500 crore for infrastructure pattern associated to beekeeping . This would possibly perhaps well consequence in amplify in profits for 2 lakh beekeepers and quality honey for patrons.
Other than these, the finance minister also launched amendments to the six-and-a-half-decade aged Needed Commodities Act to decontrol food objects, including cereals, edible oil, oilseeds, pulses, onion and potato.
The amendment, along with deregulating production and sale of food products, will present for no stock limit to be imposed on any make. A stock limit shall be imposed simplest below very important situations admire national calamities, famine with a surge in costs.
She also launched agriculture advertising reforms to make advertising picks to farmers.
(With agency inputs)
In Video: FM Sitharaman declares Rs 1 lakh crore agriculture infrastructure